I had to break up the two posts because you know I can be long-winded. Onto...the 2nd situation.
2. I went out with a guy who I've been cool with for a while. Long story short, we went to a restaurant that he suggested. I'd never been and am always up for a new experience. We ordered some food and talked for a few minutes. When the food finally arrived the waitress was seating a couple directly behind us. He said hello to the female, so I knew that they knew each other. He said they worked together. I assumed they were just coworkers and sometimes went to lunch there.
As lunch went on I noticed that dude's attitude had gotten kind of strange. He talked less, stopped eating, and was just "blah". He kept looking over my shoulder at their table. I said it seemed like he was sizing the female's date up. Whenever I'd make conversation he'd pretend like he wasn't looking over there and would look back at me. Whoa!!! Its one thing to run into someone you know while you're on a date. Its completely another when you're more into their date than your own. He left the table to go to get change for a tip. On his way back she asked him "what's wrong", he replied "nothing...whats wrong with you". To me that was a clue that something had gone on between them. WOW!!! When we left I looked down at her because nothing had been verbally confirmed, even though I had those "feelings". But I was still cordial and smiled. She rolled her eyes at me. That was confirmation. I just kept walking.
Hmmmmm....Being the intuitive person that I am I asked him if they had dated. He said "yes". Then he changed the subject and asked if I wanted to go to the movies later. I think he must've lost his mind or bumped his head when he went to get change. NO!!! He was just all in "la-la land" when i was trying to connect. Now he's all "happy-go-lucky". We aren't going to the movies and you can't get off that easily.
After he dropped me off he called me back to talk. I told him what I noticed and that it was rude for him to be all into their table when we were having lunch. Then the truth came spilling out. The female was his "ex-fiance". He'd heard about the guy, but never saw him. And when he went to get change, she came over to him and asked him questions about the date. OH HELL NO!!! That is too much extra....not to mention the fact that he didnt tell me that upfront. I had to shave his gums (forget pulling teeth) to get any information. Once again...those who know me know that I dont do the drama thing. Clearly...its not meant to be.
Oh well...another one bites the dust.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment