I've been feeling a little under the weather for a couple of days. Since I'm not accustomed to getting sick I get on the meds as soon as I feel funny. I have a fickle (one here and there) cough that is irritating, so I'm also popping cough drops like I'm addicted to them. Yesterday, I was at the grocery store getting some juice and Theraflu. While standing in line I saw two guys with flowers, one of them also had balloons. I thought "aww that is so sweet. Wish i had a man to bring me flowers". But you never see two guys who have special occassions at the same time. I wonder which one is a copycat. Still a sweet gesture. Gotta learn from and start somewhere.
The people in the self-checkout line are slow and obviously dont know how to work the machines. So I'm still standing in the same spot when they happen to stand in line behind me. I overhear them talking. This is a simplified version of the conversation as follows:
1st guy: Why do people always smell roses? These don't smell like anything.
2nd guy:*singing* Roses really smell like boooo boo boo
Random chick: I think they don't smell cause they're old
1st guy: Hey man don't forget to take the price tag off of your flowers
2nd guy: Man, I dont care she needs to know I paid a lot for these flowers
Well...its clear who was following the other's lead. Then I start to wonder what ever happened to it being all about the thought. Why does it matter how much he paid for the flowers? Its a nice gesture that expresses how you feel. Why not just leave it at that? Maybe I'm a simple girl. But it doesnt matter if he spend $2 or $200 on a dozen roses. If he spent the $2 I'd be impressed cause he found a deal on them. If he spent the $200, well that's on him. Either way, I'd rather not know. It wouldn't matter cause I would be grateful that he thought enough about me while he was out to bring me some.
Its just interesting to see how so many people are getting stuck on price tags and materialism that they miss the importance of feelings and emotions. That sounds like the "woman" in me though, since we are supposedly more emotional than men. I dont care...for me its always about the time and/or effort that you put into whatever. Even if things didnt go as planned. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I wouldnt look at the price tag if it was on the flowers...cause I probably would. Couldn't even tell you why. But the afterthought would still be the same..."he bought me flowers...awwwww". So just take the tag off!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment