Friday, March 18, 2005

THE HACKER

TGIF...I'm at work feeling like my head is going to explode. When I'm not feeling well I stay to myself, don't say too much, and pretty much stay in my hole in the office. The only time people see me is when they come back to say something to me. If I don't expect to answer the phone a lot, I sometimes put on some headphones and listen to any music that enhances or relates to my mood. That also helps to block the office chatter and noises out.

Today its particularly difficult to block things out, cause even over my music I hear the coughing and hacking of the nastiest person in the office. This woman must have never in her life been taught ANYTHING vaguely related to hygiene. Same woman...has the flu. She was in the office coughing, hacking, w/o covering her mouth. I know she caught me on a couple of occassions shooting her a dirty look...just passing by.My coworkers call me a germaphobe cause I'm just aware of nastiness and try to avoid it AND make it known. I'm realistically not that bad, but she is freaking gross!!! I would think some things should automatically be done...washing your hands before you eat, after you use the bathroom, brushing your teeth, bathing...those sort of things!!! Let me elaborate...never washes her hands EVER. There have been several times when I've been at the little break area getting a drink or rinsing my cup out. I can turn on the water, and she'll go into the restroom. By the time my coffee cup fills with water, I hear the toilet flush and she comes out. Now I've never timed how long it takes to fill a coffee cup, but I know its not big and she was done. I don't even think that's enough time to wipe. Anyway, enough dirty details about that. Moving along...

We had a lunch for a coworker who's last day is today. Whenever "the hacker" is at the front of the line, I assume that things are contaminated...its a done deal for me. I'm not hungry. I have to be careful sometimes cause she always wants to try to help set up or pick up afterwards, while touching everything. So I try to go way before her...and a couple others (I dont discriminate). Anyway, she always "cooks" something to bring. Now we know good and damn well ain't nobody about to eat that. At least 5 or 6 people cuss when they realize they got something she cooked. So its not just me. Storebought items are the safest bet.

I go back to the kitchen to get some water. She is back there cleaning things out. Keep in mind...she has the flu. Follow me closely: She picks something up, gets some cream on her thumb, puts that down, licks her thumb, and picks up another dish w/ her thumb (same thumb) hanging IN the dish. Then she asks if anyone wants the rest of it before she throws it away. HELL NAH NOBODY WANTS IT!!!!! But I was nice and simply said. "no you need to just go ahead and throw it away". See its all in how you say it...not what you say. ;)

I'm already not feeling well and she's trying to give me her dose of bad hygiene. No thanks!!! If me having a super-size can of lysol on my desk, sanitizer at hand, and asking who cooked, touched, or brought what makes me a germaphobe...I'll proudly carry the name.

No comments: