Sunday, March 27, 2005

HAPPY EASTER

Today is Easter Sunday...and my Mom's Birthday!!! What a treat. Had to start the day off with a bang. And there's no better way to do it than for it to be at CHURCH!!! It was actually nice being back at Mt.Zion, "where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came" (sorry had a moment). Sitting there I realized that its weird how at one point in your life "small" is just too confining, but when you've grown and matured you realize that its nice in its own way. You see it as being a family type atmosphere. People who I haven't seen in years come up to you with genuine hugs and smiles. I miss that in my life.

I was sitting there when the sermon was about to begin and there he was, the one that got away. I have always thought that this man was gorgeous, sweet, a little sneaky, but so damn charming, with the most beautiful smile I've ever seen on a man. We basically grew up together. He was my "boyfriend" when we were little tadpoles, so Ive always wondered if it really counted or not. After all, we were young...now we're adults and different people. Its always been "something" about him that made me feel all giddy. We've always been able to be friends though. I'm the type of person that might see someone from her past and think "what the hell was I thinking". With him I thought the same thing, but for totally different reasons.

When church was dismissed, after round-10 of hugs and hellos, I made my way over to him to speak. I got up to him a poked him in the side. He turned around and "damn" if it wasnt the same smile I remembered. *slowly exhale*. We hugged and he kissed me on my cheek. Then we talked for a short sec. I asked him what he's been up to after a little chit-chatting and he said he was engaged and he'd just had a son 2 wks ago. "Ohhh....congratulations!!!" :-S I hope I didn't sound as fake as I imagined I did. I haven't seen him in like 4 years so I knew he'd be married or something like that by now. Hearing it was just...different. I don't know if I felt weird cause of confirmation from him that he'd be taken forever (though I doubt it) OR if it was confirmation that yet another one of my peers is onto the marriage/baby stage in their lives and I'm still single without a definite prospect (THAT SUCKS!!!). We concluded our little intro talk and he said he'd drop by my grandmother's house to see me later.

I'd made my mom a bouquet of flowers...(THAT SHE LOVED!!!)...and gotten her a card which my brothers and I signed. I had them form this little "parade line" and we all took her her bouquet. She started to tear up because she was surprised. Mission Accomplished!!!

Later in the day my cousin had a crawfish boil across the street that we went to. OMG!!! I know i haven't had crawfish in a long time, but those were absolutely delicious. I finally got to meet my beautiful little cousin Maci. Damn shame she's almost 2 now. We were standing outside when a truck pulled up. I didn't know who it was so I was looking until "the most beautifullest" smile stepped out and made me giddy again. I was surprised that he actually stopped to visit. He came over and hugged everyone and we stepped to the side and talked for a few minutes. I got his number so we could keep in touch and he left.

Kendall and Sabrina (other cousins) came to my grandmothers house and the boil and talk of Taboo came up. We always play at their house. So off to the game we went. We had to throw down cause the men were talking a lot of junk. When everyone finally arrived we did our thing (men against women/and uncle)...AND LOST!!! It had gotten a little emotional cause the guys were cheating.

I was not leaving that house without winning something so I asked my cousin if we could play Tiger Woods golf on PS2 (yes I have a playstation). LOL. Little did he know was that I have it at my house and had practiced till i got pretty good. 3 of us played the game and I won. YAY!!! I'm a winner. Gotta get it in where I fit it in.

I retired for the evening with a very interesting text conversation with my "little secret", which couldn't have been a better way to turn in for the night. Hee hee hee. Anyway, I think I've pretty much covered everything. I think I'll bring it to a close. Till next time....

1 comment:

MacMarv said...

When are you going to upgrade this crap?