Today not much went on. It rained for half of the day. I went to see my "Grandma" (dad's mom), who lives in the city of New Orleans. I told my mom to call her to see if she would be home for the remainder of the evening. She said that she would. On my way over there it was drizzling and my windshield wipers were on low. I heard a loud pop and they stopped moving. Just my luck!!! Good thing it's not raining hard.
I got there and she was so surprised that I snuck into town. Then she said my aunt had called her to go to bingo...her favorite recreational activity. I remember my cousin and I used to go with her and drive her crazy because we were so nervous.
We talked for a while and pulled some pictures she had out of the closet. OHHHHHH...memories. There were pictures of all my cousins, friends, and other folks who I haven't seen in years...AND ME!!! I'd forgotten how many good times I had with everybody. We used to all get together at the drop of a dime and cook, eat, and party. Now everyone has kinda grown-up and moved out and things aren't nearly the same. I'm gonna get those next time I go home to show to other family members what we need to be doing again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment