Okay now that I've gotten my pre-entry out of the way, its down to business. In order to REALLY be considered an official blogger, I have to put down a story. I figure there's no better situation than from this past weekend to begin with. And yes...some of it does involve men (couple of them actually). Go figure!!!
1st off I would love to know what ever happened to men being single AND unattached (I've learned that there is a difference) and then trying to get the girl. Let that marinate for a while and I'll get to that point later. But to begin...On Saturday my girl Celeste (you'll probably hear a lot about her since she's my road dog) invited me to a get-together that her coworker was having. We went had a good ol time eating, playing cards, and a lil trash talking. We all decided to go out that night.
We went to a little Spot called 20 Grand. We've never been, but heard that it is cool to go to over on that side of town. I think only Atlanta clubs are so strict with dress code that they completely turn people away w/o the right shoes. You can come in there w/ a sweat suit, but you have to wear dress shoes with it. One female wears tennis shoes, despite the fact that she was told not too (I'ma need you to listen next time). We told her to go ahead of the bunch so that we didnt pay our money if she couldnt get in. She stands in the middle of the line (keep in mind there are like 9 of us) and freezes up. One door person saw her shoes and told her to go on in...she went like 4 steps and stood there. (Again...LISTEN) We're getting a little impatient with her cause she's holding all of us up. Then another person told her she can't go in, so she backs out. The woman who was taking the money said since she was the only one...she would let us in and would handle it (clearly there are communication problems w/ the staff here too). Again, the chick is just standing there, not moving and said she was waiting for her boyfriend. See....folks like that dont need to go anywhere. She needed to be left outside. We finally got her to pay and go in. (damn, I'm already tired).
Okay, after slight misunderstandings flying all over the place and nearly being turned around we're already ready for a drink. 7 of us headed to the bar. 1 of the guys with us (we'll just call him Florida )bought Celeste and I a couple. While he's paying and chatting it up with one of his friends I spotted a cutie walking by. We make eye contact, but he kept it moving. Not a problem...might catcha later. We walk off and I see the cutie again. He was just standing on the side eyeing me as we walked by. This time we were playing follow the leader and I didnt want to break the chain, so I kept it moving.
After finishing the last sips we were ready to hit the floor. Florida grabbed me and told his friend "I think I love her dog". HAHAHA...cute. Earlier he was wearing just some chill clothes. For the club he'd put on something that looked like it came straight out of a "Bentley" catalog (P. Diddy's manservant). I made a comment about the digs and his response was "I put it on for you". Wrong answer!!! He starts to really get into his dance moves. I told him to just dance right. He said "just hold on and enjoy the ride". Whah?!?! I do love a fun ride, but this is not 6 flags and you are no rollar coaster. Okay I'm ready to go now. Bye-bye.
Celeste and I decide to ditch the crew and make rounds. She spotted "mr. cutie" again...and I started to inch in that direction, until I saw him sit down with a bunch of old women. Hmm...bad timing. Okay more rounds. We were standing on the side scoping the scene and I turned around to see him coming to talk to me. NICE!!! Hahaha...ya girl is good. He and I talked for a while (good conversation, check) about his job (check), danced for a minute (nice moves, check), he asked me when I'd be ready to settle down (hmm...inquisitive, check), bought me a drink (nice, check), son (no check...but not necessarily a minus given society's circumstances). Okay so far, so good. He's just going off about how he can't believe I'm single, and "has anyone ever told you that you're soft" (interesting line), blah blah, but (compliments, check). These are typically some of the things I look for in a new prospect. He's not that yet. And I'm not naive cause time always tells. I asked about his situation and he says that he lives with someone(WHOA!!! delete, delete, delete). WTH!!! Oops...time is up!!!
I'm a little tipsy, so I keep the conversation rolling...even though its a done deal. (Its not gonna happen brah). I'm also speaking my mind (due to the drink)...so I was just saying whatever I thought of the situation. This dude says that he not only lives with someone, but its his girl of 7 yrs with their 5 yr old son (as he's pulling out the picture). He isnt ready to marry her, but doesnt want her seeing anyone else. He doesnt go out to meet people to mess around with, but if he does "home doesnt know about anything that goes on over here...I keep home separate". What kind of mess does he thinks is gonna happen? I'm no home-wrecker..and what would I get out of the deal? I do give buddy props for being upfront and honest. But to say he doesnt go out to "look" for people to mess around with, it all sure flowed out of his mouth so easily.
I know i sound a little salty about the whole thing... I'm not. I've always said that honesty is the best policy. So I respect that part. Yet the situation still brings a few questions to mind. I'm sure that she doesn't know he's "not meeting people to hook up with". How many guys who have their ladies chilling at home do that? They don't want to commit, yet still want you to be theirs. If he tried to holla at me...I'm sure its worked with other women. Is it some kind of game that they play to see if they still have "it"? I dont know. People ask where all the good ones have gone, yet its too easy for them to be bad. So why wouldn't they? Its crazy.
Okay I've rambled on enough for today. I really didnt think my entry would be this long. Anyway, till next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
so did yall bump uglies or not man?
No we did not, have not, and will not ever bump anything....Didnt you read the post Mr. Mac. lol "it aint gonna happen bruh"
Post a Comment